As Transport Manager at Korea Foods Company Limited, you will be responsible for and manage a safe, efficient and reliable distribution and in-bound process for goods. You will be responsible for the Transport Department’s budget, managing and setting appropriate service levels within transport, making proposals for cost savings and negotiating costs with freight providers.
You will manage vehicles, whether they are owned by Korea Foods Company or are leased whilst planning all logistical moves within the business, maintaining high standards and tracking KPIs.
You will manage a team of drivers, and any temporary drivers bought in to support the department’s needs.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
* Ensure compliance with transport policies, procedures and legislation (e.g. Tachograph, Towing, ADR regulations);
* Ensure the vehicle fleet is well maintained along with holding accurate and legal documentation and records;
* Monitor Driver’s hours to ensure ongoing compliance with the Working Time Directive and specific Drivers Hours’ Legislation;
* Meet business requirements through daily route planning of all outbound and inbound distribution;
* Arrange vehicle and Driver resources to achieve efficient movement of goods;
* Ensure daily distribution requirements are met through adequate resource planning;
* Continually strive to reduce operating costs;
* Keep up to date with any and all relevant legislative changes;
* Maintain high standards of service to our customers and other sites, whilst tracking relevant KPIs based on delivery success rates and fulfilment;
* Ensure the best level of internal and external customer service is provided through people and process management;
* Review and manage performance and development needs of Drivers and the Transport Administrator on a regular basis;
* Plan, organise and manage the routing of deliveries and collections to meet the requirements of the business and our customers;
* Work alongside other departments within the supply chain to ensure inbound and outbound distribution targets are met;
* Preparing and presenting reports based on KPIs, budgets and other information, including but not limited to; missed deliveries, incidents, traffic violations, employee issues etc.;
* Having an academic degree would be preferable.
* A full driving licence is essential;
* Transport CPC Holder and up to date knowledge of driver’s hours and working time regulations is essential;
* Extensive knowledge of transport operations and management;
* Experience in leading a team of at least 20 people;
* Understanding and experience of budget management, setting SLAs and contract management including price negotiation;
* Strong communication and organisational skills;
* Up to date knowledge of health and safety regulations within a transport environment;
* Knowledge of FMCG, particularly food/retail operations are beneficial.
The role of Transport Manager comes with the following benefits;
* You will receive a salary of £30,000+ annually, with regular salary reviews;
* Discretionary bonuses for length of service and performance;
* Enrolment to the Company Pension Scheme, with the Company's contibution of 3% annually;
* You will have 20 days of paid annual holiday, plus bank holidays;
* One paid day off on your birthday;
* Free onsite parking;
* Employee discounts in all our stores
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.