£35,000 - £45,000
Hours: 07.30 - 17.00 hrs, Supporting Weekends, On call
My client is currently looking for an energetic, innovative and dynamic transport manager, who has a proven track record in managing a highly commercial operation in a fast-paced environment.
Must have experience of effectively running a successful transport and be used to operating in a high pressured environment.
* Responsible for getting the right products in the right quantities, to the right locations all at the right time.
* In charge of the day to day operations of the transport department.
* Efficiently managing a team of drivers and vehicles and being their first point of contact.
* Responsible for all of the dispatching, routing, and tracking of delivery vehicles.
* Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures to do with tachograph etc.
* Making sure that all transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
* Arranging for the induction and training off all new staff.
* Regularly liaising with the delivery manager to ensure a smooth running of both departments.
* Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities.
* Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently.
* Appraising staff performance and also taking disciplinary measures when required.
* Ensuring all site and customer objectives are achieved.
* Responsible for all H&S investigations.
* Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation.
* Possessing a good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls.
* Experience of Budgets and Financial controls.
* Knowledgeable in all process compliance areas including; Legislative, Productivity, Quality and Service.
* Comprehensive understanding all of areas of the supply chain.
* Full understanding of transport operational systems.
* FMCG background and hold a National CPC.
For a confidential discussion about this role, contact Katie Shaw at Ideal Recruit
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.