Our client based in the Fens is looking to recruit a Transport Manager on a fulltime permanent basis. (Must have CPC) This is an in-house transport role so you are to manage the day to day fleet of vehicles but also take full responsibility for ensuring all the correct product is picked and packed onto the right Lorries from the production areas. This is a busy role managing a team of up to 25 people (including drivers).
* Take overall responsivity to ensure that all transport deliveries are delivered on time and in full.
* Check and monitor manufacturing status daily and assume accountability for all finished products.
* Ensure the transport team adhere to processes and legal compliance.
* Ensure the warehouse team follow procedure and hit agreed load-targets.
* Deploy the right amount of resource in-line with operational needs.
* Lead and coach your direct reports.
* Review and develop methods and procedures in-line with continuous improvements.
* Liaise with Sales in respect of new customer acquisitions and ensure these are seamlessly planned into our schedules.
* Meet our OTIF targets.
* Ensure all Transport functions are operating within agreed budgets.
* Responsible for the Company’s investment in commercial vehicles and retaining maximum value for these at all times.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful manufacturing business. To be considered for this role we will only consider candidates that are proven Transport Managers but also understand warehousing. The company are offering an attractive basic salary. Interviews to happen ASAP
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.