We are currently seeking an experienced Transport Manager to join a well-established, family-run SME based in Warrington. As a Transport Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all goods are delivered in line with, or exceeding, customer’s expectations by managing sub-contractors and couriers within the UK whilst maintaining tight cost control.
Key responsibilities and duties of this role...
* Report and review transport out cost vs budgeted
* Report and review on customer experience by liaising with drivers and customer service team
* Constantly review processes and prioritize improvements
* Forecast delivery requirements based on both new customer and turnover trends
* Constantly challenge current delivery methods with ‘what if’ scenarios
* Perform root cause analysis against repeat issues to continually improve the service
* Maintaining commercial contracts with our service providers
* Take the lead in despatch tenders and collate / analyse and suggest alternate transport options
* Ensure that current and future Health & Safety policy is adhered to continually support the creation of a centre of excellence culture
* Build strong links with SOP and the warehouse to facilitate a smooth flow of orders and to deal with any issues that arise
* Strong focus on making sure the best possible delivery service is provided to get orders to the customers on time and in good condition
* Use of systems and ability to identify areas for improvement to enable the highest level of delivery service.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
* Business and commercial understanding for budget control
* Experience in a similar role is essential
* The ability to multi-task and problem solve
* Data driven and analytical approach
* Good time management skills
* Effective communication skills
* Good geographical and motorway knowledge of the UK
Hours: Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm
* Salary £30k - £34k (depending on experience)
* +Quarterly Bonus (discretionary)
* 23 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.