Job Title: Transport Manager
Core Days: Any 5 from 7, typically Monday – Friday
Core Hours: Core Business Hours, However, due to the nature of the role you will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business
Part of the Culina Group, Great Bear is the flexible, agile ambient 3PL alternative. Great Bear is a key player in ambient 3PL, and through an extensive depot network including unique state of the art facilities at Port Salford and Markham Vale Great Bear serves established FMCG businesses.
To lead the Transport function at site, reporting to the Depot Manager. Responsible for the day to day management of the site transport requirements, which will involve deliveries for multiple clients. The transport operation will encompass both sub contracted operations and own fleet management. The position will take ownership of the transport budget and will seek to drive the profitability of the operation.
- Managing the day to day transport operation, communicating with sub-contractors and controlling drivers, administrators and planners employed.
- Effective planning and utilisation of drivers and sub-contract haulage for deliveries.
- Controlling the site Transport budget.
- Managing the operation, in a safe and legal manner, with regard to maintenance, driver hours and the legal operation of a road fleet.
- Interfacing with the sites customers, and dealing with sub contract partners.
- Liaising with the warehouse operations team, to ensure customer service levels are maintained.
- Maintaining, creating and updating spreadsheets and databases for KPI reports.
- Reporting problems and dealing with any issues and queries that may arise.
- Seeking opportunities to drive the transport operation forward.
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Have a good understanding of the third party haulage market.
- Able to work effectively in a close team.
- Have excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to make decisions under pressure, and to a tight timescale.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business, particularly at peak periods during the year.
- Able to communicate well at all levels within the business.
- Have the ability to identify and suggest improvements to benefit both the Company and our customer.
- Highly motivated.
- Knowledge of Road Runner would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.
- Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
- National & International CPC License / Understanding.
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.