WB Power Services is a leading generator specialist that provides solutions, maintenance, sales and hire to customers across the UK. We are a family owned and run business and truly hold our values at the heart of everything we do offering a unique and friendly place of work; whilst maintaining the highest of professional standards.
We currently have a vacancy for a passionate, qualified and proactive Transport Manager to join our team.
Your duties will include but are not exclusive to:
* Working to WBPS Ltd ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 procedures
* Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships, developing constructive and co-operative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
* Communicating with Supervisors Peers or Subordinates. Providing information to Supervisors co workers and subcontractors by telephone, in written form, email or person.
* Ensuring all KPIs are met
* Ensuring that TACHO unit down loading/driver infringements/driver hours and rest periods are properly documented and communicated
* Driver training and CPC including refreshers and re-booking
* Planning routes and load scheduling for single and multi-drop deliveries.
* Ensuring all company vehicles are maintained effectively and on time in accordance with their schedules to include:MOT/tax, inspections, services,repairs, breakdowns, all insurance issues, control and recoupment of fines
* Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers where required.
* Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
* Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
* Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
* Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
* Directing all transportation activities.
* Developing transportation relationships.
* Monitoring transport costs.
* Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
* Dealing with the effects of congestion.
* Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organisation’s carbon footprint.
* Direct Line Management responsibility for drivers and Health & Safety colleagues ensuring continual professional development through implementation and compliance with appraisal process and training plan
* Method Statements and Risk assessments both Generic and site specific as required.
* Keeping the Company up to date with the latest legislation.
* Record keeping / archive
* Satellite depot transportation accountability – Barnsley, Godmanchester, Gloucester, Norfolk, Slough (storage unit) and any other depots we may add in the future
* Ensuring Operators licence is fully maintained and accurate, when new operational depots are opened ensuring correct approvals are obtained and notifications actioned
* Ensuring drivers of all company vehicles know and are aware of vehicle weight limits and these are checked and recorded
* Act as point of delegation for Logistics Director when requested
Transport Manager CPC qualification
5 years experience in a transport management role
5 years experience of logistical planning
Passionate and driven
Exceptional communication skills with all levels of the business
Comfortable carrying out training sessions where necessary
Ability to get colleagues to understand requirements where necessary and to insist procedures and processes are followed
What do we offer:
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Private healthcare after probation
Comprehensive employee assistance programme
Long service awards
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.