Transport Manager required. Our client is a successful family-run business which holds more than 40 years’ experience in logistics. Over the last 40 years out client has grown from strength to strength employing over 60 people and have established relationships with trusted sub-contractors nationally & internationally.
As the Transport Manager you will effectively and continuously manage the companies transport activities including general haulage and pallet network operations and will have previous experience working in both sectors. The successful candidate will have been a strategic type manager who has commercial awareness in Road Haulage and will have Profit and Loss responsibilities for the fleet.
Traffic Manager - Position Overview
The candidate will be joining a well-established team and play an integral role in managing the route / vehicle optimisation as well as managing the company's drivers. You will be responsible for the company's fleet, drivers and planning operations. You will work closely with senior management within the business to oversee company compliance, KPI and company performance, Account Management, and general traffic office management.
Traffic Manager - Position Requirements
* Proven experience in senior Transport Operations role
* Experience within a 24-hour operation
* Flexible for the needs of the business.
* CPC (National or International) - Essential
* Geographical knowledge - UK roads and networks.
* Living within a commutable distance of Bury St Edmunds.
Transport Manager - Position Remuneration
* Salary £35,000 - £40,000 (Dependant on experience)
* Monday – Friday
* 33 days holidays, including bank.
* Pension scheme & parking on site
STREAMLINE SEARCH RECRUITMENT ARE ACTING AS A RECRUITMENT AGENCY IN RELATION TO THIS VACANCY
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.