Has anyone ever told you that you are outstanding at what you do?
We are looking for a fearless and talented Transport Manager's like you who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a place where you can reach your true potential.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Transport team. This role is a permanent contract for a Transport Manager. Reporting to the Regional Transport Manager, the Transport Manager will provide a high quality, cost effective transportation service in line with both their colleagues in operations and sales departments alike.
This role will ensure that vehicles and staff all conform with every aspect of legal legislation and company policy and will be totally compliant with all necessities of the companies Operators licence, at the same time ensuring that all depot requirements are taken into consideration to provide a balanced service which will delivers within company SLA’s on a daily basis.
* To ensure all deliveries and collections are made on time and in compliance with current procedures.
* Daily resource to be planned for all trunking of mail across the network in line with volume and IMC/trunk forecasts.
* Able to work with an individual P & L account for their respective depot and to prepare all weekly cost reports in line with this.
* To recruit drivers and office staff within the agreed establishment levels and effectively managing staff holidays and sickness.
* To ensure all transport staff comply with the Mail integrity requirements and any relevant checks are regularly updated.
* To ensure that all vehicles are maintained in line with current O licence and company requirements, be it through company workshop or remotely.
* Monitor and carry out performance reviews with sub-contractors, introducing a better service or more cost effective supplier where appropriate.
* To ensure all staff comply with company Health and Safety policy.
* Reporting and investigating of all accidents and carry out all follow up action where appropriate. Carry out disciplinary hearings when necessary in relation to all transport staff and with the assistance of HR.
* Manage agency including all mail integrity training and accredited checks whilst controlling costs within workload dictation.
* To assist in controlling the van fleet within the depot in conjunction with the centralised planning department.
* Management of all staff with in the depot transport organisation.
* Management of all day to day working within the depot transport.
* Manage the correct use of Health and Safety with in the depot transport staff.
* Effective management of resource in line with budget.
Transport Manager | Transport | Transport Supervisor | Logistics | Transport Management | Customer Service |
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
* Team player.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Able to influence and sell in ideas at all levels.
* Able to interact with colleagues to achieve workable solutions.
* Innovative enough to establish new processes to improve.
* Tight control on spend throughout the department.
* 3 Years’ experience of working in a busy traffic office environment.
* Working knowledge of vehicle and drivers hours’ regulation.
* Working knowledge of Excel and Word.
* Experience in managing individual P & L account.
* Full clean driving licence.
* Good negotiation skills.
* C, C+E driving Licence.
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.