Our client in Shrewsbury has a fantastic opportunity for a Transport Manager to join their exciting and fast paced team on a permanent basis.
It is a full-time role, Monday-Friday 06.00-16.00 paying £30,000-£35,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Transport Management and have covered multi drop National Distribution.
* Safely and effectively manage our people, fleet, Carrier(s), Policy and Procedures
* Identify risks, issues and Opportunities and deploy innovative solutions to improve on our Customer Experience
* H&S, Environmental and O Licence compliance
* Improve on and Deliver a Best-in-Class Service through our team
* Increase Own transport reach through effective planning
* Oversee the KPI’s for Logistics, actively seeking to identify and improve: efficiencies and reducing CTS.
* Regular review of Carrier Management
* Champion and instil “Customer First” approach. Understand and appreciate customer requirements and our quality standards.
* Vehicle Maintenance and Transport Compliance
* Excellent working knowledge of Transport Compliance and best practices.
* Understand and meets company O Licence obligations, ensuring that appropriate controls and procedures are managed.
* Plan driver resource strategically, tactically and operationally to utilise own transport to its maximum capacity.
* Drivers Hours, WTD and Records
* CPC – Certificate of Professional Competence (National as Minimum requirement)
* Ideally 3 Years experience in similar role/environment
* Customer, people and results centric
* IT – ability to leverage software and hardware platforms to advantage
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
* Excellent people management and communicator
* Positive attitude towards continued learning and growth
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.