Are you an experienced Transport Manager looking for a fresh challenge and want to be part of a forward thinking and growing business
Vital People are currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Manager on behalf of our client, a well-known and established leader in the logistics and distribution sectors.
The Transport Manager will have exposure in working in a fast paced environment and have previously managed a team and complex transport schedule. Continuous improvement of operational efficiencies and fleet performance will be paramount to the success of this role.
Duties will include:
· Full responsibility of fleet management within a busy
· Effectively execute the daily plan for all deliveries and collections, with a keen eye on resource available at site
· Reviewing and minimising costs in line with the company’s guidelines
· Responsible for all compliance making sure health and safety guidelines are adhered to
· CPC (Worldwide would have a distinct advantage)
· Development and management of staff including Transport Administrators and Operatives
· Solid experience leading an extremely busy transport department
· Transport Manager CPC certification – desirable
· A confident telephone manner and must be able to deal with both drivers and suppliers on a daily basis
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
· Able to work to tight deadlines
· The ability to effectively lead, inspire, develop and drive forward a large team
· Experience of driving positive operational change through effective change management practices
KEYWORDS: transport, logistics, scheduling, Scheduler, fleet, fleet management, CPC, Manager
For more information or to apply for this position please call our recruitment team on (phone number removed) or apply online for a call back.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.