We're looking for a talented Transport Manager to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of transport / fleet management with a track record of managing drivers who have direct customer contact as part of a multi-site business.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
As the Transport Manager you will be primarily responsible for leading a team of circa 50, overseeing legal compliance, cost control and driver leadership and driving high standards of working and operational changes to improve efficiencies and customer service.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Engaging, retaining and developing your team. Driver retention and recruitment is a challenge across the South East, and you'll work with colleagues across HR and the wider business to implement solutions that maximise availability of driver resources
- Carrying out team briefings and daily de-brief, monitoring team behaviour and performance and deal with any issues
- Managing the dept against cost, use detailed analysis to drive performance, identify areas for improvement
The ideal candidate for this Transport Manager role will have relevant experience of transport management with a proven track record of managing drivers as part of a multi-site business.
In addition, it's essential that you possess the following...
- Practical experience within a busy transport operation in a supervisory / leadership capacity
- Flexibility and resilience, plant hire is a demanding sector with people going above and beyond consistently to meet or beat customer expectations
You will need to be a results driven individual with excellent communication skills, able to liaise and influence at all levels, with strong organisational, planning, and problem solving skills.
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Logistics Supervisor, Fleet Scheduling Manager, Distribution Manager, Logistics Manager or as a Fleet Manager.
Basic salary: £43,000 - £48,000 dependent on experience.
Bonus: An additional bonus is also available if the company hits certain targets - full details of the scheme will be revealed on application
Benefits: You'll also receive car / car allowance, Bupa options, health insurance and life assurance
The business you'll be working for is a leading plant hire business with multi-site operations across the Northern Home Counties.
The company are investing in a new, greener fleet and technologies and can offer genuine opportunities to move into senior operational leadership.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Transport Manager role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews. We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.