Transport Manager £40-£50k plus car allowance.
To succeed in this role, you should have thorough knowledge of supply chain management and an understanding of warehouse procedures, including storing goods, dispatching orders and tracking transportation vehicles. You should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations.
Ultimately, you will ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget. Approach - dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic and have experience of a high-pressured environment with an array of varied tasks and duties from people management to ensuring the maintenance of vehicles and transport legislation. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
* Scheduling daily and weekly routes
* Planning and supervising the shipments from production to the end-user
* Tracking orders using functional systems (e.g. barcodes and tracking software)
* Responsible for getting the correct quantities of products to their required location within the given time limit and as a result must effectively organise and manage a team of drivers and vehicles.
* Responsible for personnel, monitoring their progress and being their first point of contact should a problem arise making communication skills vital. These communication skills are also vital in the development of customer relationships, managing questions and complaints calmly and decisively.
* Responsible for organising and overseeing all health and safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements.
* Must also be involved in strategic development and the maintaining of any administrative records, regularly communicating with the drivers to ensure smooth operation.
* You must also be aware of all transport legislation and procedures to ensure company compliance.
Candidates applying must have at least 4 years’ experience working as a Transport Manager.
You will be rewarded with an excellent salary paying up to £50k plus car allowance
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.