On a permanent nights contract based in a busy transport office, you will be responsible for 100 class 1 vehicles, Transport Shift Managers and Transport Administrators, ensuring that the transport operation is compliant and efficient. In return you’ll receive a market leading salary, company pension scheme and fantastic chances for progression. Our client is a major temperature controlled distributor, servicing blue chip clients efficiently. Working for a leading player in time critical distribution, you’ll be encouraged to take P&L and operational ownership and drive forward improvements, offering savings to the customer.
Who is our client? They deliver over 500 million pounds worth of temperature controlled products and work closely with customers businesses and requirements to provide industry leading service levels, high specification equipment. They do this through skilled professional staff, who enjoy great training, internal promotion and an inclusive culture.
What are they looking for? An experienced, proactive Transport Operations Manager or Senior Transport Shift Manager looking to step up. This role could also suit a Transport Manager looking for a night role.
Your duties will include:
* Delivering the nightly operating plan according to target cost and SLAs, to a network of RDCs and retail points
* Understanding the wider market place trends and using that insight to innovate the site and improve current operating practices
* Constantly monitoring the Transport Operation P&L and seeking ways to achieve maximum productivity whilst ensuring a compliant site
* Demonstrating commercial rigour to customers and improving KPI’s, costs and processes to which provide win-win solutions for the site and the customer
* Carrying out continuous improvement projects and driving this forward as part of site culture
* Adeptly use TMS, such as Microlise and Manpac, to provide useful financial information
* Leading by example and coach team members with PDPs, succession plans and regular feedback
* Involving yourself in HR processes such as disciplinaries and grievances
* Performance managing your Shift Managers through development plans, 1-2-1s and regular reviews
* Challenging current processes on site and new initiatives to deliver significant cost savings
* Willingness to be flexible according to business needs
Requirements for the Transport Manager (nights) role:
* CPC national is required
* Experience managing budgets
* Previous experience of managing over 50 vehicles
* The ability to balance the needs of multiple blue chip users at once
* FMCG Transport network experience, ideally with exposure to retail delivery
* Exposure to temperature controlled distribution
* Market leading salary + night shift allowance
* Good company pension scheme
* On-line discounts on great products
* The chance to get ahead and work for the leading temperature controlled distributor
* Development and progression with internal job postings across a network of sites
* Opportunities to work with a prestige client base
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.