We are Fowler Welch – a multi award winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and to promote being an employer of choice.
As a Transport Manager, you will be supporting the Senior Site Management team in delivering a high quality transport operation, ensuring it is safe, compliant, efficient and customer focused. You will ensure the Night transport operation is a high performing and effective part of the site transport function, leading the further integration and continuous improvement agenda for the site.
Shift Pattern: Monday-Thursday, 18:00-06:00
(A degree of flexibility is required in order to meet the demands of the business)
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
* Managing the overnight transport operation to ensure all operational matters are owned and resolved efficiently and in line with all legal requirements.
* Working with Warehouse Management and day-based Transport Managers to identify opportunities for improvement of operational flow, ensuring that communication, best practice and efficiency is continually reviewed and challenged.
* Continually review the role of the Night transport team and parallels with day shift, striving to broaden the skillset, influence, and impact of the Night team whilst ensuring consistency of approach across the 24 hour period.
* Ensuring operational and financial KPIs are maintained and exceeded
* Ensuring that fleet and driver resource is controlled and managed so as to meet all legal or Company requirements.
* Managing the staffing requirements for all areas through the night operation ensuring adequate cover in place at all times, whilst challenging efficiency and productivity within the team.
* Utilising the PDP and Framework process to identify and develop talent, ensuring that objective and honest feedback is given and constructive development plans in place.
* Coaching and developing the team in people management activities and identify and implement training where required
* Developing relationships with existing customers where possible to ensure all their service requirements are met.
* Enforcing the highest standards of safety and hygiene, in conjunction with appropriate colleagues, to ensure that Company procedures are followed
* Be actively involved with the BRC requirements of the site and ensure the Operation adheres to the demands of this.
* Liaising with other Fowler Welch and Group depots to ensure overall best cost to the business and sharing of best practice.
To join us as a Transport Manager - Nights, you will need:
-Full, Driving Licence
-Proven experience of direct people management
-Proven experience of vehicle planning/operating within the FMCG distribution industry
-Experience of DVSA compliance regulations including OCRS
-Third party P&L experience and management
-Management of external stakeholder relationships (sub-contractors, agency/service providers)
-Experience of telematics and added value components
-Experience of running a fleet in its entirety (100+ vehicles)
-Operator licence regulations and DVSA compliance regulations
-Knowledge of Driver hours, Working Time and Tachograph regulations
It would be desirable if you had:
-Experience of Fleet Maintenance and management of contracted maintenance services
-Experience with Apprenticeship schemes
-Health and Safety legislation knowledge
-Good knowledge of the local and national transport industry.
We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits which include – but are not limited to – the following:
* Free Fowler Welch Healthcare Cash Plan
* Free life insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary.
* Competitive pension scheme
* ‘Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment.
* Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers.
Apply now and join us on the road to success
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.