Established in 1975 Armoric Freight operates a fast and efficient refrigerated full, part load and groupage service into the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, and the rest of Europe.
Over the years we have gained an excellent reputation for customer service, reliability and performance levels.
Due to retirement an opportunity exists for an experienced Transport Manager to join us at our depot in Plympton to manage the day to day planning of both the company’s own fleet and sub-contract import and export logistics operations.
Areas of Responsibility:
* Management of transport staff including Transport Planners and Drivers.
* Ensuring O License and Health & Safety compliance is maintained.
* Planning of routes for 16 own vehicles across Europe and UK.
* Overseeing routes for all sub-contract import and export logistics operations.
* Profitability of company own vehicles and sub-contract transport.
* Ensuring drivers comply with relevant legislation.
* Management of the maintenance, servicing & repairs of Truck & Trailers to ensure legal compliance
* Holiday & sickness cover for Transport Planners.
* At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within Transport & Logistics is essential.
* Previous direct Staff Management.
* Vehicle & Driver compliance management
* National or International CPC certificate holder
* In depth knowledge of current National and International driving legislation.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and react quickly to customer requirements
* Strong clear communication skills at all levels.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office especially Outlook, Word & Excel.
* Mandata software experience an advantage but not essential.
* Multilingual - French, German or Spanish preferred but not essential.
Competitive salary package based on experience.
22 Days plus Bank Holidays.
Workplace Pension Scheme.
Reporting To: General Manager
Working hours: 8.30 to 18.00pm (“Out Of hours” telephone support will also be part of the role on a rota basis)
Application Deadline: 16/12/2020
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.