Berry Recruitment are one of the largest driving divisions in Kent and we offer full or part-time positions, the benefits of working with Berry Recruitment is that you are one of the team not a number, so if you are seeking for a new career move then please contact us.
Our client are seeking for a Transport Manager to oversee their depot your responsibilities will be
* To ensure that any vehicles operating on the fleet are maintained, fit for purpose and insured.
* Ensure all drivers are aware of their responsibilities, have the correct training and are carrying out their obligations with regard to operating a company vehicle.
* Ensure the company are operating within the law with regard to vehicles, people and planning / O licence and FORS Silver standard.
Your Main duties and responsibilities:
* Maintain the records to ensure the company fulfils legal obligations, O Licence compliance and WTD.
* Maintain FORS accreditation currently Silver.
* Oversee and manage team of 16 driving staff.
* Management of daily defect reports, weekly vehicle checks, vehicle servicing and repairs.
* Download and process data from telematics, cameras, driver cards and company card, upload the data for analysis and debrief the drivers accordingly.
* Liaise with suppliers, authorities and drivers with regard to vehicle servicing, fuel cards, tags, parking requirements and penalties.
* Maintain training records and arrange training accordingly.
* Ensure transport operations, practices and procedures are managed in line with Company’s Health and Safety policy and other legal and statutory compliance's.
* Carry out accident investigations to completion.
* Obtain quotations and interview suppliers as requested by Partners and Directors.
* Assist with recruitment, induction and initial training of newly employed and agency drivers.
* Deliver effective training, coaching and development of all drivers.
* Oversee the fair and consistent application of regular appraisals and reviews.
* Review operations to reduce operating costs and keep asset downtime to a minimum.
* Ensure fuel is purchased at most efficient rates maintaining records to identify unusual trends.
* Health and Safety representative and First Aider.
* Complete training as requested.
* Other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
you will need the following skills or preferred:
* Previous experience in Transport Manager role or Transport Administrator role with aspirations to become a Manager.
* CPC qualified or will undertake (training given).
* FORS Practitioner training.
* Sound knowledge of transport compliance requirements.
* Full valid driving licence.
* Effective people management and coaching skills.
* Experience of RHA Analysis, Smart Check, Tom Tom Web fleet all an advantage.
* Computer literate.
* Attention to detail.
* Transport Management Team: 1 year (Required)
* Transport Manager: 1 year (Preferred)
* UK Driving (Required
* Salary: £24,000.00 to £30,000.00 per annul
* Pension Scheme
* 21 days holiday (incl Bank Hol)
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.