Transport Manager - Transport - Job Summary
Excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's leading general haulage company.
Transport Manager - Transport - Role Responsibility
* Effectively organise and manage a team of planners, drivers and vehicles
* Be first point of contact for any problems that might arise - requiring expert communication skills
* Develop customer relationships, dealing with queries and complaints calmly and decisively
* Be aware of all transport legislation and procedures to ensure Company compliance
* Allocate and record resources and movements on the transport planning system Investigating and interviewing post incident and / or accident reports
* Possess knowledge and understanding of budgets and financial controls, legislation and relevant fleet controls
* Implement transport strategies
* Manage staffing levels effectively
* To adhere to the Company's agreed expenditure authorisation policy and process without exception.
* Ensure Rostas effectively resourced to minimise RDW and overtime payments
* Ensure cost effective planning maximising commercial return
* Support the Driver Trainer and Compliance / Health and Safety Manager
* Be safety conscious with a full knowledge of transport operations and vehicles
* To undertake appropriate training and personal development activities across the Company as required
* To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, consistent with the nature and level of the post.
Transport Manager - Transport - The Ideal Candidate
* Strong leadership skills
* Previous experience managing a large transport team
* Ability to plan and organise self and a team to achieve maximum targets is essential
* A positive attitude with the ability to 'make things happen'
* Excellent communication skills are essential.
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team is essential.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
* Essential Qualifications: CPC / ISOH or NEBOSH
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.