Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate around 300 manufacturing sites in the UK and employ over 3,500 people in a wide range of roles from production workers, plant operators, technicians and drivers to sales, IT, engineering and finance managers.
We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, employing over 45,000 people at 2,300 locations in 40 countries.
Our aim is to be a leading sustainable business and we are committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive and are an equal opportunities employer. We exceed customer expectations through an engaged team that is professional, responsible and reliable.
We believe in working safely and sustainably, focusing on a zero-harm workplace and our ambitious target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 50 per cent by 2030. Our employees understand that we do much more than just produce materials: we are vital to ensuring roads can be built and maintained; we manufacture the concrete foundations for buildings such as schools and hospitals; and we are part of major infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the UK
Description of Team / Department
Leading a team of 5 weighbridge technicians and 62 LGV drivers on both days and night shift.
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
Leading a team of Weighbridge Technicians in the day to day operation of the weighbridge function and transport plan.
Day to day management of drivers, ensuring they work to the instructions and procedures as detailed in the drivers folder and ensuring that all driver tachographs are analysed.
Good industrial relations are maintained including disciplinary procedures and actions.
Ensure that any customer complaint is recorded and investigated.
Skills / Experience
Transport Manager CPC
Experience of managing unionised drivers essential
Knowledge and understanding of working time directive with regards to driver tachograph hours.
Numerate and literate. Make decisions. Problem solve.
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
- 27 days holiday
- Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
- Access to discounted private medical benefits
- Paid day off to Volunteer every year
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Location: Ribblesdale Full Time / Part Time: full time Working Hours: 40.00 hrs Contract Type: Permanent Shift Description: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm (half hour lunch break). Saturdays if required 6am-2pm