The Wernick Group is a fast growing, well established, privately owned company and has grown to a turnover in excess of £100m due to a combination of strong entrepreneurial leadership, operational excellence and robust financial controls. This 4th generation family owned business primarily operates within the construction sector but has also developed more specialist services for a broad range of customers. It has four main business activities and operates from 35 locations nationwide.
Reporting direct to the Finance Director we are now seeking a highly motivated Vehicle Fleet Manager to manage and administer the Group’s fleet of approximately 200 vehicles in a sole charge capacity. The successful candidate must have prior experience of Vehicle Fleet management and administration.
The role would ideally suit someone who has previously worked in a team and is now looking for the challenge of managing the fleet of a growing company. The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator at all levels, have strong planning and organisational skills, and have the ability to work to tight deadlines and on their own initiative.
The Group offers a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Ensuring that the Group is compliant with all relevant rules, regulations, training and accreditations.
* Managing the annual FORS audit and being the Group’s point of contact in this regard.
* Applying for FORS registration when deemed necessary.
* Managing our Operator Licence requirements.
* To act as the Group’s point of contact for all fleet related matters and to advise the Executive accordingly on all technical aspects of fleet management and administration.
* Administering the entire fleet which will include, but is not limited to, mileage records, MOT & Service records, tracking, licence checking, DART Charge, Congestion Charges, Road Tax, Fuel cards, training, etc.
* Approval of all vehicle related invoices including detailed analysis where applicable.
* Monitoring fuel usage across the Group and to report/highlight any inefficiencies.
* Acquisition of new vehicles in accordance with our corporate policy.
* Disposal of vehicle stock surplus to our requirements.
* Maintain a working relationship with our insurers and process/manage any claims/disputes.
* Manage relationships with all vehicle related service providers.
* Ad-hoc duties as required
Essential Experience, Skills and Specification:
* Current Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) for Vehicle Fleet Managers or equivalent.
* Thorough knowledge of all vehicle regulatory requirements, including FORS, associated with a fleet of our size.
* Exceptional attention to detail, taking pride in delivering work to the highest standard.
* Experience working within a fast-paced, commercial organisation.
* An excellent all-round communicator.
* Self-starter and confident with strong interpersonal skills.
* Methodical in approach.
* Excellent organisational skills to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines.
* Strong MS Office skills.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* Experience of the construction industry or similar.
* Experience of working in a multi-sited organisation.
* Excel to an Advanced stage.
Please apply using your full CV and a covering letter explaining how your skillset would be suited to this role and any further information you think would support your application.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.