Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
Post Recruitment are looking for a Warehouse and Logistics Manager to join an extremely successful family run business based in Yeadon.
* As the Warehouse and Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for the Warehousing and despatch/Logistics operations consistently delivering both short and long term targets safely, on time and within budget to ensure excellent customer service.
* You will oversee the smooth running of the storage procedure, from the complicated storage logistics, to keeping an eye on the warehouse workers – scheduling shifts and ensuring staff are adequately trained.
Key Responsibilities for the Warehouse and Logistics Manager:
* Responsible for the despatch of site produced orders to meet customer requirements
* Control and despatch of any cross docked group orders in requested timescales
* Manage department costs to budget
* Responsible for ensuring health and safety compliance
* Regular documented audits of routing to continuously improve both service and cost efficiency.
* Proactive approach to managing a large team in terms of recruitment communication, training, performance management
* Analysing KPIs to identify opportunities to continually improve performance
* Developing effective internal and external relationships
* Good management techniques in warehousing
* Experienced people management skills in Warehousing and Logistics to maximise performance
* Ensure all goods received into the UK Warehouse are QC checked, booked in and despatched the same day
* Ensure all QC files are accurate and up to date
* Assist purchasing in a sourcing role for the UK and Europe and communication with the global purchasing team
* Chase ready dates and production of purchase orders to maintain required ready dates
* Ad hoc operation duties
* Direct Order dispatching
The Warehouse and Logistics Manager will have the following skills and experience:
* Strong people management experience
* Able to plan and execute and deliver targets with a continual emphasis on improving performance
* Excellent understanding of legal compliance required in a logistics environment
* Effective problem solving, analytical and organisation skills
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and with both internal and external customers
* Proven track record of effective decision making
* A ‘can do’, proactive approach, with the ability to motivate others
* Be able to work to tight deadlines
* Excellent timekeeping is a must for this role
* Have a can do attitude
If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP or contact Emma Sayles at POST- for more details. This vacancy is being advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd.
The services advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.