My client is looking to recruit an experienced Warehouse and Logistics Manager into this newly created role. Reporting to the Supply Chain Director you will manage a team of people and provide strong leadership to support the development of the warehousing teams at their two sites in Norfolk. You will develop best in practice warehouse processes and procedures and develop and implement processes and controls designed to achieve the highest levels of stock accuracy whilst always ensuring a safe work environment.
Responsibilities include: -
* Responsible and accountable for the health and safety processes and practices within the warehouse and distribution areas.
* Develop best in practice warehouse processes and procedures and implement robust systems to monitor and manage stock levels.
* Implement systems and processes to ensure that the warehouse capacity is optimised.
* Directly manage two warehouse operations in relation to Goods In/Out, all distribution areas to ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness and tidiness are maintained.
* Lead the team to ensure allocations of work to all employees, ensuring they are appropriately motivated and have the relevant skills and knowledge to contribute effectively and maximise output.
* Take the lead to ensure that a continuous improvement approach is undertaken in relation to processes, systems, equipment, and facilities.
* Undertake root cause analysis and identify corrective actions.
* Manage and control warehouse budgets to deliver least cost performance levels without compromising on service or quality standards.
* Responsible for cycle counts and stock control processes as required to align all stocks in the business and investigate accordingly.
* Regular reviews of distribution networks and provide suitable cost saving recommendations
Skills & Experience
* Extensive management in warehousing and Logistics, preferably a multi-site operation (Internal/external warehouses)
* Experience managing and developing existing and new members of warehouse staff
* Evidence of embedding a best-in-class safety culture
* A track record of implementing and reviewing continuous improvement plans
* Evidence of exceptional focus on stock management and control with various systems
* Experience of managing multiple projects at one time
* Health and safety knowledge – risk assessments/HACCP/COSHH/SOP’s
* A self-starter who has a good attention to detail
* Ability to thrive under pressure and at peak times
* Driven to provide the highest standards within a warehouse operation
* Focus on delivery of objectives key to the success of the business
* Interest in delivering process control and improvement
* Good numerical ability and commercial awareness
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage at all levels
This will be an exciting role for someone to really shape and create as their own in a well-established business that has exciting growth plans. The role will offer a base salary of £45-50k + 25 days holiday + pension + healthcare
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.