Are you an experienced Warehouse & Logistics Manager?
My client an IT company are looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their team on a permanent basis,
The Logistics & Warehouse Manager is responsible for all Import and Export Manager (IEM) arranges all shipping for stock purchased and sold globally.
This consists of imports which principally arrive in the UK from the US, Australia and Europe. Stock that comes into the UK globally is sold outside the UK.
The logistics involved in the exporting of those goods to our buyers/customers is also the IEM’s responsibility.
As Warehouse Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the pick and pack process both in house and externally via our suppliers and reporting any missing stock and damaged units for return.
* YOU WILL NEED TO DRIVE AND HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR OWN TRANSPORT*
Job Duties involve:
1. Manage the movement of products purchased and sold in and/or out of the country in accordance with relevant local, country and international law and process.
2. Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities.
3. Maintain/ update and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licences and restrictions.
4. Manage and optimise cost-effectiveness of logistical activities.
5. Anticipate, research and report on future changes in import/export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the department’s won strategy, resources and procedures.
6. Plan and implement import/export strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organisation.
7. Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in import/export activity and procedures.
8. Maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant ICT (Information & Communications Technology) and other systems within the import/export function.
9. Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner, for example: shipping schedules: HMRC documents, licences; declarations; packing; routing; transport and safety documentation.
10. Investigate, plan and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which meet optimally the needs of the organisation and its suppliers and customers.
11. Plan and manage the effective and necessary conversion of weights, dimensions, sizes, values and quality standards interpretations between importing and exporting systems and territories.
12. Ensure all products are cover appropriately by way of insurance whilst in transit
13. Manage language and communications translation issues and activities as necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of imported/exported material, product, equipment within the supply chain of importer and exporter, for example handling instructions, operating manuals, product training, etc.).
Warehouse Duties Involve:
1. Communicate with the warehouse team for goods in and goods out
2. Manage all warehouse staff so as to effectively train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities.
3. Daily update and maintenance of pick and pack log and report to sales manager before 09:30am
4. Advise the sales and purchasing departments the availability of products to be imported in to the warehouse and exported to customers.
5. Manage stock control, warehousing and distribution activities influenced by or reliant upon import/export activities.
6. Ensure all Pick and Pack instructions are sent to suppliers in a timely manner.
7. Gather the relevant dimensions and weights information for both import and export consignments
8. Manage the picking and packing of stock within the warehouse team and ensure the appropriate measures have been taken to avoid any damages of stock in transit
9. Create collection/delivery notes for all inbound and outbound stock
Skills and Experience:
· Proven experience in Logistics
· Problem solving and analytical skills
· Proven ability to motivate and persuade
·Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please apply now - interviews to be held week beginning 21st Jan!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.