Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Circa £40,000 depending on experience
As Warehouse and Logistics Manager, you will oversee the running of the warehouse and logistic operation.
You will have three direct reports which include one logistics supervisor and two warehouse. There is also a large warehouse team that will also fall under this role (indirectly)
This organisation is undergoing an impressive period of growth and has some exciting development plans in which this role will play a key part in achieving results for the company.
* Oversee the receiving, storage and restocking process to ensure efficiency and safety at all time.
* Co-ordinate the Warehouse and Delivery Teams so customers receive the correct goods on time and in excellent condition.
* Answer any questions and resolve any concerns or issues relating to stock/deliveries.
* Recruit, induct and train Warehouse Operatives and Drivers as required.
* Monitoring and renewing the insurance, tax and MOT for all Company vehicles.
* Ensure vehicles are kept clean and tidy and daily vehicle checks and top-ups are carried out as necessary.
* Ensure the warehouse and forecourt is kept orderly, clean and tidy.
* Complete all necessary administration and recording in accordance with Company guidelines.
* Communicate effectively and work closely with all departments.
* Report any incident or accidents to your Manager in accordance with Company policy.
* Ensure the warehouse and delivery teams, as well as yourself, are adhering to all Health & Safety, Quality, Security and Environmental compliance standards.
* When required, drive the Company vehicles, load and unload deliveries and carry out general warehouse duties.
* Maintain all risk assessments and review accordingly
Requirements for the role:
* Warehouse and logistics management experience, overseeing Warehouse Operatives and Drivers
* Valid driving licence
* Strong leadership and management skills
* A good understanding of HR, including recruitment, employment legislation, employee relations procedures i.e. performance management, disciplinary, grievance.
* Excellent customer service skills, demonstrating a professional manner at all times
* Flexible approach to changing circumstances with willingness to take on new tasks and work overtime to meet delivery deadlines
* Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.