My client, a stockist of specialist and bespoke materials are looking to recruit a Warehouse Logistics Manager, to motivate, mentor and encourage the Warehouse staff and have responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the department's functionality.
The role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, material handling, storage and on time delivery performance. Provide Sales with a continuous smooth process from goods receipt to final despatched providing the service levels required for target markets, whilst still maintaining high standards of both quality and health and safety responsibilities. The Warehouse Logistics Manager will have experience in a similar position within a fast-paced “product re-sales” environment.
Warehouse Manager duties will include:
* The role will involve liaising with other Managers and departments within the business and across the Group to promote best practices throughout the department, instilling both a health and safety and improvement culture into every employee.
* Leading by example creating a culture in line with expectations.
* Ensure that the department controls are effective in ensuring that all products sent meet or exceed customer expectations
* Ensure all warehouse documents and regulatory requirements are correctly recorded, controlled and maintained; consistently reviewing and improving all documentation, processes, and controls to enable effective and robust systems.
* Act as the warehouse primary point of contact on all matters.
* Manage workflow.
* Manage the workforce; including holding probationary meetings, disciplinary and grievance meetings, back to work meetings, and sickness & absence paperwork.
* Through performance management, achieve and maintain a level of performance that is defined through agreed KPI measures and the appraisal system.
* Record everything via a central computerised system, NO paperwork here!
* Ability to motivate and revitalise the department's contribution towards service levels and improvements systems.
* Lead, coach and motivate the department on all matters.
* Proactively lead measurable continuous improvement initiatives and report on their progress
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.