We are working with a well-established Manufacturing business that is looking for a Warehouse & Logistics Manager to oversee the materials, planning, logistics and stores and functions as well as transitioning into a new warehouse.
Key responsibilities include:
* Managing all processes and functions within a busy warehouse;
* Controlling Goods In, Order picking and Dispatch processes;
* Communicating with Purchasing, Production and Sales departments all relevant issues;
* Planning and managing quarterly, annual and perpetual stock takes;
* Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety regulations;
* Monitor stock levels and deal with stock discrepancies;
* Creation and implementation of Standard Operations Procedures;
* Training and development of staff;
* Continuous Improvement of all Warehouse Operations;
* Responsible for the achievement of Key Performance Indicators and delivering a high level of customer service;
* Dealing with customer complaints, vendor non-conformances and logistic issues;
* Planning receive and despatch of goods ensuring a timely and safe manner of handling of goods;
* Utilisation of storage space, stock rotation and stock control;
* Managing a team consisting of materials, planning, logistics and stores
* Manage a supply of goods and materials to support the production program
* Achieve business targets in terms of inventory turns; cost reductions, supplier performance metrics etc.
* Develop new sources of supply in line with product technological requirements
* Promote a high-performance organisation within Supply Chain function
* Manage working capital with regards to Inventory management and supplier payment
* Develop and maintain third party shipping providers
* Lead management of key supplier relationships; encouraging value-based strategic partnerships
* Working with other areas of the business to take forward designs and prototypes of new products
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate strong leadership and managerial experience. This includes managing the day to day activities along with KPI's, holidays, sickness and disciplinary's. Other skills and experience include the following;
* Proven experience in setting up new WMS systems
* Previous experience of launching a new Warehouse in a busy Manufacturing environment.
* Worked within a manufacturing or production environment – Automotive experience would be Desirable
* Good H&S awareness, First Aid & Fire Warden.
* Must be experienced in migrating into new Warehouses - Desirable
* Practical Hands-on approach
* Team Management - Essential
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.