Fleet News

VELO offers Euro travel tips

ACCIDENT management company VELO has issued a list of tips for fleet drivers travelling abroad this summer in a bid to avoid possible problems. VELO suggests travellers' cheques are the safest form of money, although European cashpoints increasingly take British cards.

Some countries, such as Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, the former Soviet Union and Poland, require an international driving permit, and this is needed too in Hungary, Spain and Portugal if the driver only has an old green-style UK licence.

Documents required include the vehicle registration document (or a VE103 for a hired/leased vehicle), insurance certificate and green card, a bail bond for travelling in Spain, an E111 form to facilitate medical treatment and a letter of permission from the owner of the car. VELO is offering a full European travel service which covers all these points, with the addition of a European accident statement form and an Autoglass leaflet which provides authorisation in five languages for the repair of broken windows. Further details on 01628 423025.

Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Login to comment


No comments have been made yet.

Compare costs of your company cars

Looking to acquire new vehicles? Check how much they'll cost to run with our Car Running Cost calculator.

What is your BIK car tax liability?

The Fleet News car tax calculator lets you work out tax costs for both employer and employee