Fleet News

Cantarella quits Fiat

PAOLO Cantarella has quit his job as chief executive officer of Fiat, the company where he has worked for the past 25 years.

Chairman Paolo Fresco will now take on Cantarella's responsibilities.

In a statement, Cantarella said he had thought about leaving for a long time and decided 'at this complex time for the group, and for Fiat Auto in particular, there had to be a strong break.'

Honorary chairman Giovanni Agnelli said he was sorry to see Cantarella leave the company, adding that they had worked together during the high points of the last decade.

The Italian industrial group is struggling with slumping sales and widening losses. Last year, Fiat Auto made an operating loss of 549 million Euros.

Cantarella's resignation comes amid speculation that Fiat may sell its 80% stake in Fiat Auto to General Motors, which owns the remaining 20%.

Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.

Compare costs of your company cars

Looking to acquire new vehicles? Check how much they'll cost to run with our Car Running Cost calculator.

What is your BIK car tax liability?

The Fleet News car tax calculator lets you work out tax costs for both employer and employee