HERE'S your chance to vote in the Fleet News Awards 2004, for the best cars, vans and service suppliers in the industry.
These annual industry 'Oscars' recognise the strongest, highest quality vehicles, products, services and suppliers in the market, based on the opinions of an expert panel of judges.
Full details of our all-important search for the best fleet operators in the UK and in Europe will be revealed in the next couple of weeks. But this week, fleet decision-makers are invited to play a key role in the finding the best service companies and manufacturers in the country.
We are asking Fleet News readers and Fleet NewsNet users to nominate their best fleet supply companies, best company cars and vans and best fleet manufacturer.
Nominations can be made electronically via the link on the FNN homepage.
Over the next month, we are asking Fleet NewsNet users and Fleet News' readers to send in their nominations, which will then be used to draw up a shortlist for each category.
Votes received will be taken into account by the judges, but companies can also nominate themselves for all award categories this year.
Companies wishing to enter should complete the same voting forms, but make it clear they are self-nominating.
Shortlisted companies will then be invited to complete questionnaires relevant to the award for which they have been nominated before the end of the year. They will also be able to submit brief supporting material.
Then, an expert panel of judges will use this information and their own independent market knowledge to determine award winners. A jury of 'hands-on' experts from throughout the industry is currently being picked to examine the shortlist based on reader nominations.
Cars and vans will only be eligible if they were launched, on sale and in showrooms by October 31, 2003. Cars and vans launched after this date will not qualify for the 2004 Fleet News Awards.
The awards will be presented at the 'fleet night of the year' on Wednesday, March 17, 2004, at the Le Meridien Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London.
Six steps to winning a Fleet News award
1. Fleet NewsNet users vote for their favourite cars, vans, products, services and suppliers. Votes must be received by the end of October, 2003
2. Supply companies nominate themselves for the relevant award categories. Nominations must be received by the end of October, 2003
3. Fleet News creates a shortlist for each category
4. Shortlisted supply companies receive a detailed questionnaire from Fleet News that must be filled in and returned to Fleet News with any supporting material by December
5. An expert panel of judges assesses the submitted entries and the shortlisted vehicles
6. The winners are presented with their awards at a glittering gala dinner on Wednesday March 17 at the Le Meridien Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London