Now in its eleventh year, Sewells' Fleet Operator Attitude Survey 2008 is now out.
This invaluable survey is a study of the relationships between the UK's fleet operators, vehicle manufacturers and their dealer networks.
This unique survey examines many key aspects of the business relationship that form fleet customers' satisfaction with their vehicle suppliers - from initial order and delivery through to aftersales service and repeat business.
This survey offers a unique insight in to how well vehicle manufacturers and their dealer networks are performing, and just how well their sales, marketing and support programmes live up to fleet buyers' requirements, offering you valuable information that impacts your decision on which franchises and dealers to do business with - and which not.
The data has been collected directly from you, the Fleet Manager, and then analysed to provide a comprehensive view of the industry over the last decade.
The unique aspects of the report include:
• Research conducted independently of the report client
• Analysis and comparison of all major competitors
• Standardised methodology
• Comprehensive bank of historical data
Market intelligence on industry trends and year on year comparisons of:
• Top ten fleet suppliers and overall satisfaction index by manufacturer
• The top twenty Fleet Managers’ priorities
• Brand map showing pre-sales and aftersales performance
• Vehicle acquisition trends and purchase factors
• Impact of CO2 regulations and company car tax discounts
• Verbatim comments and response profiles
The survey provides manufacturers with an invaluable insight into the standard of performance fleet owners expect of them - and just how well their sales, marketing and support programmes live up to fleet buyers' requirements.
For more information go to www.sewells.co.uk