Mitsubishi Motors’ new model-year Shogun arrives in the UK this week and now comes with a Euro V compliant turbo diesel engine and offers a choice of either three door short-wheel base or five door long-wheel base versions.
Like its predecessor, the Mitsubishi Shogun is immediately distinguished by its redesigned bold front grille – incorporating a short front overhang, upright windscreen, strong high flanks, flared wheel-arches and rear-mounted spare wheel – all key Shogun styling cues that underline its tough, authentic, off-road ability.
As well as the three and five door options, Shogun buyers will have a choice of a four model line-up – the SG2, SG3, SG4 and the familiar Warrior which, in terms of specification will sit above the SG2. As always, the Shogun comes packed with an array of standard safety and luxury equipment. In addition to the re-designed front grille, all variants will benefit from new 18” alloy wheels.
The 12MY marks the arrival of a fresher and sportier look across the Shogun range featuring:
- New chrome grille with slotted bars and thick dividers on either sides
- New colour-keyed front bumper
- Black front skid plate
- New twelve spoke 18” alloy wheels
- Black roof rails
- Euro V compliant engine
The same philosophy prevails inside the car with new items such as:
- New high-quality material for both cloth and leather upholsteries
- New enhanced illumination for instruments
- New brushed silver finish for power window control panels
Furthermore, new features are also introduced, including:
- SG3 and SG4 variants will be equipped with auto lights, auto wipers and privacy glass
- SG4 variants will now include a colour coded spare wheel cover as standard
- Brake override system – in case the driver accidentally hits the brake and accelerator at the same time (the car automatically opts for the safer braking option)
Prices for the new model year Mitsubishi Shogun range from £29,499 for the entry level SG2 model and rise to £40,999 for the higher specification SG4 model.