The Energy Saving Trust (EST) is to partner the Future Drive Motor Show next year, which runs from May 5-12, 2013, at London’s ExCeL.
The event aims to give the automotive industry an opportunity to showcase its latest high-tech and cutting edge vehicles and motorbikes to the British motorist.
Future Drive is planning for Wednesday, May 8, to be Future Drive Fleet Day and looks forward to welcoming fleet managers and drivers to the show.
Event organiser Giles Brown said: “I am delighted that the Energy Saving Trust is on board for the Future Drive Show, they will join a number of key influencers at the show that can all help consumers find their way through the car and bike buying decision process.
“The automotive industry is a very fast moving sector and cars and bikes are quite different to even 5-years ago.”
Caroline Watson, from EST, said: “Future Drive brings together fleet decision makers and the vehicles of the future. There are lots of benefits of plug-in vehicles such as low fuel costs, as well as tax and fiscal incentives.
“We’re looking forward to meeting fleets at the event to share insights we have developed through working with businesses across the country.”
EST will offer advice on the following:
• smarter driving techniques and explanations of why they work
• plug-in vehicles and hybrids – what’s available, where you can buy them, how you can charge them, benefits, features and how they can suit your needs
• alternative fuels you can use
• grants, schemes and discounts available
• resources for journey planning such as online tools, smartphone apps and GPS