Large deposit discoveries mean that natural gas is now a commercially viable alternative fuel costing up to $2 per gallon less than diesel. Should this trend continue, there are significant cost savings to be made for national fleet operators in running natural gas vehicles.
To accelerate the mass adoption of natural gas by national fleet operators, challenges such as infrastructure development, vehicle power and purchase cost, ultimate fuel economy and the creation of realistic business models must be resolved by the industry, as take-up of these vehicles becomes gradually more compelling.
That’s why American Business Conferences have produced the ‘Natural Gas Fleet Vehicles North American Congress 2012’, (October 23-24, 2012, Renaissance Houston Greenway Plaza Hotel, Houston). Not just an industry get-together, this is a commercially driven, solutions-based initiative, providing the most comprehensive analysis of natural gas vehicles to date, and showcasing over 20 National Fleet Operators, all successful early adopters of this technology, to give delegates a true and measurable picture of the costs, initial strategies and practical, day to day operational issues related to using natural gas for fleet.
5 Key reasons to attend Natural Gas Fleet Vehicles:
- The most comprehensive, commercially focused North American Congress entirely dedicated to natural gas for fleet vehicle applications. The agenda directly reflects the entire spectrum of interests and experiences spanning from start up costs to infrastructure development and vehicle operations
- Hear exclusive strategic insights from 20+ Fleet Operators encompassing the full range of natural gas know-how from early technology adopters through to companies assessing NG introduction
- Participate in high level discussions breaking down the critical success factors for the adoption of natural gas vehicles, including infrastructure development, vehicle performance, conversion strategies, maintenance and safety considerations
- Investigate the detailed business cost strategies linked to natural gas vehicle introduction, operation, through life cost and return on investment through detailed Fleet Operator case studies
- Take the opportunity to network with industry leaders, in a focused high level environment with the key decision makers and influencers amongst Fleet Operators, Gas Suppliers, Infrastructure Developers and Vehicle OEMs amongst others
Day One: opens with strategic insight from early technology adopters, as well as Fleet Operators considering natural gas introduction for the first time, before scrutinizing the comparative pros and cons of LNG and CNG by companies that have already made the choice themselves. Realistic expectations for vehicle performance will then be investigated including conversion technology, engine power, fuel economy and range. The day will close with a revealing study of maintenance requirements and likely through life costs.
Day Two: of the Congress focuses on the core concerns of infrastructure and strategic business considerations. The infrastructure focus will explore corporate views of infrastructure development, the differing private/partnership approaches to infrastructure development and finally support infrastructure requirements. The second half of the day will detail Government financial support, regulatory requirements, safety education and finally analysis of the revenue generation opportunities associated with green fleet introduction.