The deadline is approaching for operators and suppliers to enter road safety charity Brake's annual Fleet Safety Conference and Awards.
The 2013 event will, for the first time, combine Brake's fleet events, the fleet safety conference and fleet safety awards programme; the deadline for both award entries and early bird discounted bookings is Friday 15 February 2013.
The combined event will take place at the St John's Hotel, Solihull, Birmingham, UK, on Thursday 13 June 2013, with a breakfast networking event on the morning of Friday 14 June.
The Awards, sponsored by Arval, will be offered in 11 categories and aim to recognise the achievements of those working to help reduce the number of road crashes involving at-work drivers.
Awards will be offered in the following categories:
Company Driver Safety Award
- Eco Fleet Award
- Fleet Safety Analysis and Action Award
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award
- Fleet Safety Partnership Award
- Fleet Safety Product Award
- Road Safety in the Community Award
- Safe Vehicles Award
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Award
- Best Newcomer to Road Risk Management
- Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety
Conference keynote speakers will include: Dr Lisa Dorn, reader in Driver Behaviour and director of the Driving Research Group, Cranfield University; Rory Morgan, national logistics general manager, Iron Mountain and Phillip Darby, lecturer in statistics, Edinburgh Napier University . Themes to be covered include:
- Using technology to improve fleet safety
- Community engagement and fleet safety
- Effective partnership working
Visit the event website, www.fleetsafetyawards.com, where you can book tickets for both conference and awards online, and download the awards entry form, together with guidance notes for entrants.