Thirteen organisations have been announced as winners of the Energy Saving Trust Fleet Hero Awards 2013.
The Fleet Hero Awards identify public and private sector organisations that are successfully reducing fuel bills and cutting carbon emissions through better transport policies and improved fleet efficiency.
The Energy Saving Trust also recognises businesses that supply cost and fuel saving products or services to fleets.
The winners were announced at a ceremony at the Institute of Directors in London attended by Baroness Kramer as well as other notable business leaders and government representatives.
Philip Sellwood, chief executive of the Energy Saving Trust, said: "The Fleet Hero Awards is one of the key events on the sustainable transport calendar and goes from strength to strength each year.”
"This year’s winners have shown just what is possible in terms of running efficient fleets, or supplying innovative products and services. The successful organisations, and our sponsors who kindly supported the event, were instrumental in making this our most successful Awards night to date.
"The Awards also illustrated that the role of the Energy Saving Trust is now more important than ever. Many fleets have picked the low hanging fruit in terms of sustainability, and need our advice and guidance on taking innovative action, whether that is investing in their first plug-in vehicle, or eliminating their grey fleet entirely."
The 2013 Fleet Hero Award winners are:
- Best Public Sector Fleet sponsored by BT Fleet: Environment Agency
- Best Business Sector Fleet sponsored by Lombard Vehicle Solutions: Red Bull Company
- Plugged-in Fleets Award sponsored by EDF Energy: Urban Planters London West
- Grey Fleet Management sponsored by Enterprise Rent-A-Car: City of York Council
- Business Mileage Management sponsored by Route Monkey: London Borough of Croydon
- Smarter Driving sponsored by BMW: Job Worth Doing
- Industry Supplier Award: Ford Motor Company
- Transport Solutions Innovation - Supplier of the Year: Gnewt Cargo
- Innovation in Car and Van Manufacturing: BMW UK
- Innovation in Fleet Services and Systems: GreenRoad
- Innovation in Fleet Management: Commercial Group
- Leadership: BT Fleet
- Commercial Vehicle Management: O’Donovan (Waste Disposal)
In addition, Tennant was awarded Motorvate Member of the Year. Motorvate is an Energy Saving Trust membership scheme which provides support and recognition to help organisations reduce their carbon emissions and fleet costs.