The Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP) is inviting organisations to apply for the Low Carbon Champions Awards.
There are seven categories, covering areas ranging from cars to innovations, and the winners will be announced at a new event on Wednesday 10 September 2014.
The 2014 LowCVP Low Carbon Champions Awards are held at Cenex’s LCV2014 Event (Millbrook, 10-11 September). The awards will be presented at a dinner to be held at Jury’s Inn, Milton Keynes, beginning at 6.30pm.
The LowCVP Champions Awards celebrate examples of outstanding and innovative practice in accelerating the shift to lower carbon vehicles and fuels and reducing road transport emissions.
There are seven categories of awards, and two special awards. The award categories are:
• Low Carbon Car / Van Manufacturer of the Year
• Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year
• Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year
• Low Carbon Fuel Initiative of the Year
• Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME
• Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year
• Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report
Special Awards include:
• Outstanding Individual in Promoting Lower Carbon Transport
• Grand Prix Award (‘winner of winners’): Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport 2013-14
The LowCVP Awards winners will be assessed by a panel of expert judges drawn from the LowCVP's wide range of stakeholder organisations. Awards are for contribution to the low carbon road transport agenda since January 2013.
Short-listed nominations will receive a complementary place for a representative at the LCV 2014 dinner.
Andy Eastlake, LowCVP’s managing director, said: “The UK’s low carbon automotive sector has been progressing in leaps and bounds over the last few years making it a leading UK industrial success story. Against this very encouraging backdrop, I expect there will be tough competition in this year’s Champions Awards.”