A Fleet News webinar presented by Driving for Better Business and FleetCheck.
Whether your drivers are working from home, furloughed or part of the country’s essential operations, this webinar outlines the key issues all fleets are going to face now and over the coming weeks and months.
The past few weeks have presented many new and unique challenges for fleet operators.
While those fleets deemed non-essential may have vehicles laid up for an unknown period of time, others deemed essential are operating at or beyond their usual capacity.
On top of managing the issues today, there will be very different challenges to manage as the lockdown is lifted and businesses begin a return to more usual operational levels.
There are significant vehicle maintenance, risk management and duty of care issues that all fleet operators need to be aware of during this time of unprecedented disruption.
· What the temporary law changes mean and, more importantly, what they don’t mean
· Why following established procedures is more important than ever
· The immediate and ongoing implications for risk management
· Driver recruitment and eligibility for essential fleets
· Driver wellbeing including fatigue and mental health
· Vehicle sanitisation
· Implications for company car BIK
· Vehicle maintenance challenges for operational and mothballed vehicles (including electric)
· Fleet admin and housekeeping during the disruption
· Managing the fleet to keep the business financially sound
· Reinstating a mothballed fleet after lockdown.
Simon Turner, campaign manager, Driving for Better Business
Peter Golding, founder and managing director, FleetCheck
Webinar chairman: Fleet News editor-in-chief Steve Briers