Drivers attending this year’s Company Car in Action will be screened for their ability to drive prior to the event as well as greeted by a specialist team from Licence Bureau, who will be checking to ensure drivers’ licences are compliant.
Licence Bureau was the first company to develop a driving licence verification system based on a three-year consent accessing the DVLA driver database and they will be checking all drivers attending the UK’s premier ‘arrive and drive’ event.
Licence Bureau’s approach aims to minimise the risk of employing disqualified drivers, while ensuring business complies with complex driver management legislation so reducing corporate risks and insurance premiums typically by up to 13%.
Prior to the event, drivers will be asked to provide eConsent for their licence to be verified at DVLA. The checks on arrival will ensure all drivers are in possession of a photocard or paper driving licence and therefore compliant. This means driving is safer, queues are minimised so entry into the show is even quicker and smoother.
As part of the inspections, Licence Bureau will check the:
- Driver licence status and entitlement to drive
- Information on a drivers licence is correct, with valid dates
- Current endorsements and points on the driving licence
- Driver licence vehicle category showing vehicles a driver can drive
- Driver is not revoked or disqualified
Malcolm Maycock, director at Licence Bureau, said: “Licence Bureau is proud to be chosen by Company Car in Action organisers as the event’s first driving licence verification partner utilising our new eConsent solution.
“We believe our selection is testament to our expertise and experience having initiated the B2B driver licence checking industry in 2003.
“We look forward to meeting visitors to ensure the event is a success and drivers are safe and compliant.”
Chris Lester, event director, added: “We are pleased to be working with Licence Bureau who is a valued partner; they will offer another exceptional added value service to visitors attending this year’s event; especially in such an important area.
“It will not only make the licence checking process smooth and seamless but also ensure drivers get the right advice should amendments need to be made.
“I would just like to remind all visitors to bring their photo licences with them.”
Company Car in Action will celebrate its 25th anniversary when it returns on June 16 and 17 to Millbrook Proving Ground, Bedfordshire.
Company Car in Action (CCIA) is a free event for fleet operators that is organised by Fleet News. It enables fleet operators to:
- Put the very latest models from the UK’s leading manufacturers through their paces unaccompanied on four unique routes on a purpose-built test track, which is normally closed to the public.
- Compare a wide-range of cars back-to-back to create and discuss views with experts from each manufacturer back at their stand.
- Gather a wealth of product knowledge through unaccompanied test drives so they can make meaningful comparisons and choice list decisions.
- Make the most of their time out of the office by exploring the additional services being featured in the exhibition hall.
- Take part in thought-provoking seminars that will be delivered by expert speakers on consecutive days in the exhibition hall.
- Discover the very latest in vehicle technology aimed at improving driver safety and keeping vehicles on the road.
- Test the very latest ultra-low emission vehicle powertrains and see how hybrid or plug-in vehicles could save fleets money.
For more information, visit www.companycarinaction.com.