First look at new Land Rover Discovery

Land Rover has released the first image of its new Discovery model.

Gerry McGovern, Land Rover’s chief design officer, said: “New Discovery redefines the large SUV.

"Land Rover’s design and engineering teams have revolutionised the Discovery DNA to create a highly desirable, extremely versatile and hugely capable premium SUV.”

The car will see its full premiere on September 28 ahead of the Paris Motor Show.

Comments

• Ste - 06/09/2016 10:45

These SUV's just get uglier and uglier..no doubt it will breakdown as you leave the dealership like every other JLR

• Ste - 06/09/2016 10:48

Oh yeah and Gerry, it doesn't have DNA, its a block of metal and rubber that just consumes an antisocial and unsustainable amount of resources that your kids and grandkids might require. If you want to design something useful, design something sustainable, then we will commend your efforts as worth while.

• IanM - 06/09/2016 10:57

A premium SUV? That's not the DNA of a Discovery! The Ranger Rover was the premium SUV in the range whereas the Discovery was more the halfway house between a Range Rover and a Defender. A workhorse that could carry your family in comfort but can also have all sorts of junk thrown in the back when needed. My old Disco 2 TD5 is in perfect condition, does all of that and tows my race car trailer. I'm not so sure I'd want to do that with a new Disco!

• Ste - 06/09/2016 11:16

..the magic of aspirational words like 'premium' makes hard working people who never leave tarmac, go off road, or need the carrying capacity think they need one of these, and so they part with their money, hundreds of pounds of it per month... because of course those hard working people are 'epic' or 'worth it'...marketing words in action.. its all so depressingly meaningless and a rip off..

• Chris - 06/09/2016 12:50

I bought a brand new Series 1 Disco, I "discovered" that it needed, a new gearbox, a new differential, a new dashboard... I then ordered a TD5 brand new WHY? I discovered it needed a new engine, a new water pump, turbocharger, starter motor, air con matrix. I switched to Lexus/Toyota no discoveries since.

• Mr.Bean - 15/09/2016 09:46

Sadly, as good the JLR looks they still suffer from built problems. Please note that all brands have problems, but JLR are always at the other scale on any surveys, which isn't good. I have driven some of their new models have found some poor finish with parts not in place. Also I know someone who had a new Discovery Sport sent back since the dash wasn't fitted correctly.