Kia UK has announced pricing and specifications for the new Kia Ceed, which has been given a significant range of updates for the 2022 model year.
Prices for the new upgraded model family, which comprises the Ceed five-door hatchback, Ceed Sportswagon (SW) estate, and ProCeed five-door shooting brake, start from £20,105. Emissions start from 118g/km.
The new model also bears Kia’s new logo for the first time, following its introduction earlier in 2021.
The Ceed range starts with the ‘2’ model, in both hatchback and Sportswagon editions. A choice of two powertrains are offered: a 118bhp 1.0 T-GDi petrol or 134bhp 1.6 CRDi diesel with 48-volt mild-hybrid technology.
The petrol engine is offered in both hatchback and SW bodystyles, while the diesel is available exclusively for the hatchback.
Prices begin at £20,105 for the ‘2’ grade Ceed Hatchback and £20,805 for Ceed Sportswagon models.
Equipment includes: 16-inch alloy wheels; electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors; leather trimmed steering wheel; cruise control with speed limiter; Android Auto and Apple CarPlay; 8.0-inch touchscreen, with DAB radio and MP3 compatibility; reversing camera system with dynamic guidelines; lane Keep Assist System and Lane Follow Assist; and Driver Attention Warning with leading vehicle departure warning.
The Ceed Sportwagon is additionally offered in ‘2 Nav’ guise, with a 134bhp 1.6-litre CRDi engine with 48-volt mild-hybrid technology.
Priced at £24,045 it additionally features a USB fast charger in the front centre console, as well as a 10.25-inch touchscreen navigation system with Kia’s ‘connected car’ service, Kia Connect (UVO).
Ceed ‘3’ specification signals the introduction of a more powerful 158bhp 1.5 T-GDi petrol engine with a choice of six-speed manual or seven-speed double-clutch transmission (DCT).
Additionally, the mild-hybrid 134bhp 1.6-litre CRDi engine is offered with a manual gearbox in the hatchback and a seven-speed DCT in the Sportswagon bodystyle. Prices begin at £23,795 and go up to £27,410.
Additional equipment includes: 17-inch alloy wheels; rear privacy glass; rain sensing front wipers; electrically folding, adjustable and heated door mirrors with LED indicators; dual automatic air conditioning; auto-dimming rear-view mirror; rear parking sensors; and Drive Mode Select (DCT versions).
The Ceed ‘GT-Line’ has a choice of powertrains: the 158bhp 1.5-litre T-GDi petrol engine with manual gearbox, and a 134bhp 1.6-litre CRDi 48-volt mild-hybrid system with seven-speed DCT.
Pricing and equipment
Prices start from £24,625 and rise to £27,585.
‘GT-Line’ versions feature: 17-inch gloss black alloy wheels; high gloss black door mirrors; heated front seats and steering wheel; D-cut steering wheel with leather trim and grey stitching; aluminium pedals; smart entry system with engine start/stop button; and paddle shifter (DCT model).
The ProCeed ‘GT-Line’ comes equipped with the 158bhp 1.5-litre T-GDi engine, offered with either a six-speed manual or seven-speed DCT.
Priced at £25,480 for the former and £27,330 for the latter, the equipment list includes:
- 17-inch alloy wheels;
- high gloss black door mirrors and rear spoiler;
- rear privacy glass;
- automatic headlight control;
- front fog lights;
- rain sensing front wipers;
- electrically folding, adjustable and heated door mirrors with LED indicators;
- heated front seats and steering wheel;
- cruise control with speed limiter;
- smart cruise control with stop and go functionality (DCT model);
- 10.25-inch touchscreen with navigation system and Kia Connect (UVO);
- reversing camera system with dynamic guidelines (1.0 megapixel);
- rear parking sensors;
- lane keep assist system and lane follow assist;
- driver attention warning with leading vehicle departure warning;
- forward collision-avoidance assist with city/pedestrian and cyclist detection.
The ‘GT-Line S’ model is priced at £30,240 and comes exclusively paired with the 1.5-litre T-GDi engine and seven-speed DCT automatic transmission.
Additional kit includes:
- 18-inch alloy wheels;
- electric tilting/sliding sunroof;
- LED bi-function headlights;
- LED front fog lights;
- black leather and faux suede seats with grey stitching;
- 10-way power adjustable front seats with memory on driver’s side; smart power tailgate; 8-speaker JBL premium audio system;
- rear blind-spot collision-avoidance assist;
- rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist.
The ProCeed ‘GT’ boasts a 201bhp 1.6-litre T-GDi engine with seven-speed DCT.
Costing £30,280, it has all of the equipment featured on the ‘GT-Line’ model, plus some key additional ‘GT’-specific features, including:
- 18-inch alloy wheels with red centre caps;
- twin exhausts; and black leather
- faux suede seats with red stitching.