Mini's corporate aftersales charter
- All vehicles booked in for service or maintenance and not requiring a replacement car or collection and delivery service are guaranteed an appointment within three working days.
- All vehicles booked in for service or maintenance and requiring a replacement car are guaranteed an appointment within seven working days. Any associated costs will be explained at the point of booking.
- For service or maintenance appointments, complimentary collection and delivery within a 15-mile radius is provided, except for Mini Park Lane (four-mile radius).
- Booking requests sent to dealers will be responded to within 20 minutes, downtime chases responded to within 15 minutes, and invoices will be completed within five working days.
- Customers will not be charged for the disposal of replacement parts and environmental waste.
- A three-year unlimited mileage warranty covering any manufacturing defect, including bulbs, is provided.
- When appropriate, dealers can utilise dealer self-authority goodwill to minimise vehicle downtime.
- When a vehicle is recovered by Mini Emergency Service, a status update will be given within two hours of its arrival; repairs will be started within 48 hours.
- All vehicles receive a complimentary wash and vacuum after service or major repair.
- If a vehicle fails its first, second or third MOT, the cost of replacement parts and labour will be covered. Comprehensive service cover included for up to five years/ 50,000 miles as part of complimentary Mini TLC for all Mini corporate vehicles.
Chris Brownridge has been with BMW Group for 20 years and has worked in almost every department, both in sales and marketing.
He was UK marketing director before being promoted to director of Mini last year.
“Being marketing director was a real privilege because I was able to lead our sponsorship
of London 2012, launch some incredible new products and our sponsorship of rugby,” he says.
Brownridge started his automotive career as a graduate trainee for the Rover Group and was involved in marketing for the Mini back in the late 1990s.
“My first job was working in customer service in Oxford where the Mini is built, so in some respects I’ve gone full circle from where I started to where I’m working now.”