Becoming a Comms Hub Logistics Manager with Smart DCC:
Based in Manchester
Given the sheer volume of Comms Hubs the DCC expect to deploy, it’s essential that the DCC retains sound, near real-time information on device location and commissioned state, to reflect the business requirements of the Smart Energy Code (SEC) and demands of its Users.
The successful candidates will work closely with other functions within Operations, Service Providers and DCC’s CTO and Finance groups to ensure that the CH delivery, installation and returns activity is undertaken in a controlled and deterministic manner. This is an exciting role in a highly dynamic environment with a multi-layered systems landscape making the task of maintaining operational integrity all the more challenging.
The successful candidates will have the ability to operate at a level that provides a strategic view across this complex delivery chain combined with the drive and determination to absorb a significant amount of regulatory, commercial and business process information. High volume asset tracking experience gained in a similar B2B environment will be necessary. Strong analytical thinking and attention to detail is absolutely essential
* Ensures there is a standardised and optimal Operations monthly process for tracking of Comms Hubs, both on a monthly actuals and forecasted basis.
* Establishes and ensures DCC standards for CH logistics tracking and CSP assurance.
* Ensures that regulatory obligations for CH logistics are interpreted and followed accordingly.
* A central point of Operations contact/ SME for all CH logistics risks, issues and escalations.
* Establishes and implements procedures, documentation and policies to ensure logistics issues are handled swiftly and cost effectively.
* Serves as a key Business contact, into any future development and implementation, maintenance or change requests to systems that impact CH ordering, deliveries, returns, inventory tracking/utilisation.
* Ability to analyse and identify delivery non-conformance and process bottlenecks together with the gravitas and communication skills to drive rectification across the DCC Supply chain.
* Works closely with Finance as needed to identify and resolve charging issues/impacts, as a result of changes to scheduled deliveries e.g. cancellations, DOA, excessive failure rates.
* Works closely with the Operations Service Managers (and DCC Service Providers where required) to resolve Service User ordering, acceptance and returns issues.
* Works closely with CSP Contractual Managers to keep abreast of logistics pipeline and performance management.
Your experience and skills will include:
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
* Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Two years’ experience in similar roles of either returns & warehousing, logistics &/or supply chain
* Two years’ experience within the following will be an advantage: IT, retail/white goods, Utilities industry
* Creative problem solver
* Proficiently experienced in liaising with internal and external customers
* Experience working remotely with team members spread across multiple sites. – experience of the following computer system – Remedy/ other Service Management Systems, Order management Systems, Stakeholder Management.
* Requisite knowledge of returns, the equipment and processes common to the role
* Strong analytical skills including extensive knowledge of MS Excel
About Smart DCC
At Smart DCC we’ve built the data and communications infrastructure that will support the mass roll out of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small businesses across the country. The world’s most ambitious smart meter roll out will see over 53 million smart meters installed across the UK by 2020. Join us and you’ll be part of a team that is supporting the country’s transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Smart DCC are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 25 day’s holiday (rising to 27), a discretionary annual bonus company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact for guidance.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.