We are looking for someone to join our superb team as our Head of Fleet. This role is for one position that could be in either Manchester Head Office or Bellshill Head Office dependant on the successful candidate. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to join our great team.
GEOAmey provide safe and secure transportation and custody services for prisoners and young people across the UK, providing a vital public service. Having recently been awarded a further 10 year contract; we are seeking people to join our successful organisation where no two days are the same!
We are a professional organisation who take pride in providing the very highest level of care to ensure the physical and mental wellbeing and welfare of those in our custody. You will be truly making a difference every day, be part of a great team and will receive ongoing training and development. We take pride in our diversity and equality as demonstrated by our partnerships with charities MIND, Barnardo’s and Stonewall who influence and help improve our approach and policies.
The Head of Fleet role:
As a member of the senior management team you will have responsibility for the entire GEOAmey Fleet across Scotland, England and Wales (circa 425 vehicles). You will manage the relationship with the fleet supply chain including the fleet provider, vehicle part suppliers and body builders ensuring the fleet is legally compliant, fully operational and maintained to an excellent standard at all times.
You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements, delivering significant efficiencies and further developing our driving standards and driver behaviours using technology and modern practice to deliver best in class fleet management.
In order to achieve this, as our Head of Fleet you will need to:
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant legislative, SOPs and corporate requirements relating to transport.
- Act as lead contact for regulatory bodies including the Traffic Commissioner (TC), the Vehicles Operating Standards Agency (VOSA).
- Implement and manage a fleet audit programme and oversee training requirements at a local vehicle base level to assist with compliance.
- Manage cost and service performance of the fleet function in line with agreed KPIs, utilising management information to determine and act on trends.
- Manage the relationships with both the fleet provider, and the customer ensuring service levels are maintained and improved.
- Lead the fleet element of projects that drive down cost / improve service.
- Plan, manage and flex driver and vehicle levels to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied, and enforced.
- Effectively communicate Business developments and daily / weekly performance targets to colleagues through active and effective communications.
- Liaise with regional operational teams to ensure all faults, defects and incidents are reported accurately and on time.
- Promote and consistently behave in a way that supports our vision, values, and principals.
- Support the company in its efforts to reduce carbon footprint and meet contractual requirements regarding emissions.
In order to be successful in your application as a Head of Fleet we require the following competencies, skills and experience:
- Extensive fleet management experience within a national multi-site operation, proven logistics and transport management experience.
- A Certificate of Professional Competence to be the primary Operators Licence holder and to ensure compliance.
- Excellent Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills across a geographically dispersed team of 2 fleet managers.
- High levels of motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on own initiative with a drive for excellence and attention to detail.
- Personal flexibility to travel significantly covering our contracts across England, Wales and Scotland. Highly confident in challenging the status-quo to positively influence and support achievement of business objectives, to lead change and to drive operational improvement.
All roles within GEOAmey are subject to a risk assessment being completed to confirm the vetting status required for the applicant / job holder to undertake the duties of the role. This role has been risk assessed as requiring Ministry of Justice Enhance Level Clearance and Enhanced CRB.
Apply now to secure your future and become our Head of Fleet
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.