We are looking to recruit a Logistics Manager to join a large rail engineering firm.
* Plan and manage the Logistic department through VMS in the daily work.
* Create and be responsible for the cost budget within the department and manage the staff within the department according to company strategies, values (RAJT), priorities (SQDC), processes (BMS), tasks and policy.
* Understand and suggest most effective Supply Chains
* Support strategic procurement with supplier reviews to ensure optimal supply streams
* Support Operations Manager in Forecasting calculations and contribute in local SOP meetings.
* Monitor and safeguard that all transactions are recorded in the company ERP-system.
* Optimize stock value. Stock healthiness and products in stock including obsolete stock and ensure that stock taking is performed in local subsidiary at least once a year. If needed initiate and responsible for cycle counting per item groups if stock balances differ more than normal mode.
* Suggest and support improvements to stock handling methods (Kanban, JIT) etc.
* Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, vacation plans, cover for absenteeism and overtime scheduling according to local laws and regulations.
* Lead, coach and develop staff, providing career development planning and training plans. Communicate regularly internally with other managers in relevant levels, both local and global, to ensure a functional communication exchange.
* Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall framework to delegate responsibility and encourage employee contribution including goal setting, appraisals, constructive feedback and performance development planning.
* Work according to common Global processes and -instructions, and when needed propose improvement ideas to Global Logistic Development.
* Ensure needed local processes are created, maintained and approved from Global team.
* Review performance data, relevant KPI’s and reports, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
* Correct deviations and contribute to continuous improvements.
* Manage logistics company contracts and ensure compliance with global logistics strategies.
* Support local entities with global handling/shipping/logistics requirements.
* Ensure products are shipped according to the dispatch plans
* Manage contracts for Forklift Trucks and other hired equipment.
* Manage contracts for offsite facilities
* Support subordinates with planning/handling/managing off offsite facilities
* Support the EMS with a focus on Waste Management
* Identify the health and safety risks from the business and prioritise them.
* Update data/parameters in M3 when needed.
* Assist in getting products delivered within the company and to the clients.
* Input and assist where possible to reduce unnecessary costs to the company.
* Ensure that work is done in line with the quality procedures.
* Be an expert in customer projects concerning logistic issues
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.