My client is looking for a Logistics Manager to join their growing team in Radstock. The ideal candidate will be a highly trained supply chain expert with a proven history of procurement and project management, an outstanding communicator, exceptional leader and great strategist.
The person who fills this role will ultimately be responsible for maintaining the department’s standard of excellence with the utmost attention to safety and quality. This will include
* Supporting execution of logistics and warehouse strategy
* Implementing financial metrics and associated KPIs for performance of supply chain network and vendors
* Ensuring best value in procurement
* Ensuring best practice in warehousing including Goods-In, Goods-Out and Stock Control
* Management of recycling and waste in accordance with environmental management system (EMS) policy.
* Helping develop and implement cost-saving programmes for year-over-year savings
* Identifying project responsibilities, delegating phases and elements to the appropriate personnel.
* Maintaining insight into industry and global logistic trends that will benefit the organisation in the marketplace.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
* Lead daily control meetings, identifying issues and actions needed to be taken.
* Anticipate and resolve day-to-day issues, complete root cause failure analyses, and take corrective actions
* Procurement of bulk materials and transport
* Oversee Goods-In and Goods-Out management systems
* Maintain budgetary, scheduling, and project database oversight, and report regularly to senior management about progress, plans and problems that could affect costs or schedules.
* Strategise with various internal stakeholders and external vendors to identify opportunities for continuous improvements to the current supply chain network
* Manage compliance, quality control, and quality assurance standards and specifications within the department
Skills & Qualifications
* 5+ years logistics experience in distribution or supply chain environment
* 5+ years procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
* 4+ years management or leadership position
* Strong systems skills, including proficiency with integrated software applications
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
* CIPS qualified or other relevant experience
* Knowledge of end-to-end logistics operations
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Entrepreneurial mindset
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days paid holidays + Bank Holidays
* Company Pension Scheme
* Career progression
For further information please contact Sally on (phone number removed)/(phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.