My client is an independent family owned business that have been operating successfully for over 70 years. They are experiencing continuous growth within their market. They own a fleet of FORS Gold accredited vehicles.
The company culture is inclusive and 'family', they have a strong team that have been there many years because they are passionate about the brand and feel valued for their contribution to making this business successful.
You will have previous logistics experience at management level or Asst Manager looking for your next step up.
The Logistics Manager plays a crucial part within my client as they are responsible for arranging every delivery in conjunction with our customer demands whilst providing an excellent level of customer service throughout
* Arrange all deliveries to include checking availability with hauliers
* Send all purchase orders to suppliers/hauliers
* Obtain the best haulage rates for Sales quotes
* Deal will all call off ongoing jobs including raising purchase orders in Sage and sending these to suppliers/hauliers
* Action all cancellations and amendments to existing Sales orders
* Respond to site issues and queries as a matter of urgency – you will be the primary point of contact
* Book in vehicles when required
* Update all day sheets
* Send all day sheets at the end of each working day and as necessary throughout the day
* Point of contact of quarry managers
* Keep the company updated on workload and any other information
* Assist Sales with any Logistical queries
* Oversee the Logistics Department and the two staff members
* Holiday cover within the Department
* Assist with Department administration during busy periods
* Ordering stock for Sister company
* Attention to detail is paramount
* Ability to multi-task
* Prioritise work load
* Excellent communication at all levels
* Sage experience preferred but not essential
* A willingness to challenge to ‘get the job done’
* Sense of humour
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.