We have an excellent opportunities within Rowlinson Packaging based in Wardle, Cheshire, for an experienced Transport/Logistics Manager.
Scope and Purpose of the Role
To ensure effective, efficient operation of all transport related tasks, ensuring compliance with VOSA, Ministry of Transport, & Traffic Commissioner.
To arrange the delivery of in house manufactured timber packaging on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible and best use of available resources, whilst complying with Transport Legislation and Health & Safety.
The main duties of the role will include:
* To oversee the complete transport / logistic operation to plan the workload on a daily basis.
* Planning and manage customer loads and ensure delivery times are achieved.
* Manage a fleet of 7 HGVs and associated drivers.
* To monitor and action any issues regarding driver and staff performance relating to attendance, attitude, safety, work accuracy and speed of work.
* To monitor and control drivers hours and overtime to meet the needs of the business.
* Ensuring planned work is achievable with road transport directive and EU drivers rules & regulations
* Knowledge of Drivers Hours, tacho-graph records.
* Monitor vehicle tracking activities ensuring KPI’s are met.
* Liaising with customers to ensure all targets and deliveries are met.
* Managing all aspects of vehicle maintenance including liaison with fleet workshop and monitoring of vehicle condition including fuel usage.
* Ensuring that all administrative tasks associated with the operation are completed to the required standard
* Dealing with daily operational problems.
* Professional approach to all tasks undertaken
* Good communicator
* Responsibility for actions
* Encouraging teamwork by inspiring others.
* IT literate
* Proactive in all areas of the business.
* Organised – must have excellent organisational skills
* Calm - under pressure
* Strong - decision maker
* Approachable – able to deal with staff issue’s or concerns fairly but firmly.
Applicants will ideally have a minimum of 2 years previous experience of load scheduling, preferably but not limited to a general haulage and Warehouse environment.
A Transport Manager’s CPC - Operators licence is essential.
Job Type: Full-time - Days
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.