SDH Project Service Ltd are looking to recruit a Transport Manager for our head office in the Brighouse centre. This position is available due to company growth. We currently have 3 vehicles that will sit on an `Operator’s Licence` and other vehicles (vans & cars) hired through hire companies.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
·To ensure the smooth running of the transport department within the business.
·To ensure trackers and spreadsheets are up dated regularly.
·To ensure driving licence check are done before drivers get their vehicles.
·To work with and mentor the transport administration.
·To liaise with the vehicles, hire companies to ensure all vehicles are managed/maintained.
.To update Dartford crossings and other major road routes to reduce any fines.
.To liaise with the insurance company / windscreen companies.
.To work with all PM’s to manage all the vehicles on the fleet
·To assist with daily tasks and wider projects whilst gaining a strong understanding of the business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
* To analyse data and establish discrepancies
* To investigate and report on variants
* Track and analyse costings and present business critical data
* To liaise with different departments to either gather data for reconciliation or to provide findings to improve SOPs
* To report KPI’s and patterns to management team and clients
* Attend meetings and off-site visits, ensuring accurate notes are taken and circulated to appropriate members
* Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
* Provide assistance and training to the administration team
* Any other task that may reasonably be requested by a line manager
·Have excellent people and time management skills.
·Be logical and analytical in their approach to the data.
·Be a problem solver and a fire fighter who is able to make rapid but accurate decisions
·Have great numeracy skills
·Be able to prioritise their own workload and that of others
·Be able to work from their own initiative by listening to the needs of the business.
·Be confident and assertive in expressing findings and recommendations
·Understand the confidential nature of the data they are dealing with and act accordingly
.English, Maths, IT, Excel – A fair understanding of all
.MUST have Driving Licence and be willing to work away occasionally
.Hold a transport Manager CPC to be able to obtain an operator’s licence (or have knowledge of the process and be willing to undertake the training – at the companies cost)
.£25k - £30k per annum
.Bonus (to be discussed)
.£28 mobile phone allowance
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.