Competetive salary and benefits
The Position: Applications are invited for a Transport Manager to work at our clients depot in Widnes
Site. This is a full time, permanent position, working 40 hours per week.
As a Transport Manager your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s
requirements but will include:
• Managing c.35 employees/drivers to achieve daily collections and deliver KPI’s.
• Managing the raw material supply chain – co-ordinating supplies with customers and
• Ensuring the efficient running of the Company’s collection services.
• Planning efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring vehicle utilisation is maximised
and service levels maintained.
• Ensuring compliance with company procedures and statutory obligations for vehicle
operations, health & safety and other legislation.
• Recruitment, management and development of drivers.
• Maintaining driver records and drivers hours in line with EU Road Haulage Legislation.
• Preparing vehicle KPI’s in line with requirements.
• Managing site compliance and general administrative duties.
• Good formal education.
• Previous experience in managing transport/supply chain operations.
• Knowledge of the food waste recycling services.
• Strong communication and leadership skills, an ability to balance conflicting demands.
• Transport operations qualifications (CPC National/International or equivalent)
• Good knowledge of transport regulations.
• Ability to work under pressure in an ever changing environment.
• Good IT skills, including MS Word and Excel.
• Committed, reliable and flexible team player.
• Ability to prioritise workload to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.