I am currently recruiting for a Transport Manager for a new company with fresh ideas and a positive approach to all situations. The client has over 35 years experience in the container industry. They use that experience to supply a high quality service for clients and suppliers.
Candidate must have a proven track record in the container logistics Industry.
They will understand the importance of working in a close knit team and play a vital role in the continued growth of the business.
Key Skills and Attributes:
* Must hold a CPC licence.
* Transport legislation, e.g. Driver's Hours
* Previous experience of management in a similar transport depot environment and of managing vehicle operations.
* Good organisational skills and attention to detail
* Professional telephone manner
* Proficient on a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Office
* Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
* Ability to work under pressure
* Self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills
About The Job:
* Manage day to day running of the company fleet of vehicles nationwide
* Ensure all vehicles are routed for PMI, service, MOT etc. as required by maintenance schedules, and keep planner up to date
* To carry out and maintain driving licence checks through the DVLA
* Report any vehicle damages and ensure proper completion of accident reports
* Manage effectively the vehicle fleet management tracker systems
* Ensure that the company meet and maintain FORS requirements
* Ensure the company fully complies with DVSA regulations and the Companies Operators licence is current and up to date
* Manage an efficient and safe loading and transport operation
* Recording & maintaining vehicle various spreadsheets and databases
* Ensure that all drivers are compliant with driver time directive and tachographs
* Motivate, develop and train the workforce, whilst meeting customers' requirements
* Ensure compliance to all company transport policies, procedures and legislation
* Ensure H & S procedures are carried out for drivers and loading/unloading
* Recruiting agency drivers as and when required
* Arranging hire of vehicles
* Ensure cost effective route planning is carried out
* Manage fleet leases & fuel card accounts cost effectively
Salary package and benefits negotiable
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.