To ensure all legal, operational and maintenance requirements are met in respect of the Operator’s Licence and mixed fleet operation.
* Drive operational improvements through assisting / leading audits and inspections – internally (contracts) and externally (Supply Chain).
* Vehicle allocation / key management.
* Together with the local contract help develop and assist in the implementation of a Vehicle Husbandry Plan (VHP).
* Organising relevant tool box talks and training in order to ensure staff are aware of Fleet Management needs and legislation changes.
* Uphold and protect the Amey brand at all times.
* Efficient Fuel Management.
* You are fully compliant with annual testing requirements and fully conversant with the output of OCRS measurements.
* Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC) requirements are being met and appropriate training is in place where required.
* Maintenance of the licence holder’s vehicles and any trailers is completed, including the inspection of vehicles and any trailers at the appropriate time with the action taken to timely remedy all identified defects together with the appropriate recording of these incidents.
* Full, clean UK Class 1 driving licence.
* Membership of complementary professional trade body e.g. IRTE, IMI
* Strong organisational, paperwork / administration and numeracy.
* Ability to think logically and analytically.
* Understanding of vehicular maintenance / engineering and knowledge of a Workshop/ Body-shop environment.
* Computer literate.
* Significant relevant operational experience in the Logistic or Transportation Industry.
* Customer focused.
* A strong trust worthy manager capable of controlling their areas of responsibility.
* Accepts ownership and accountability.
* Flexible and able to work with and effectively contribute to achievement of all team objectives.
* Good planning and organisational skills with a focus on health, safety and environmental best practice.
* Focussed on making improvements and maximising opportunities.
* Plans and programs tasks and resources effectively and efficiently to ensure optimum standards and quality are consistently maintained.
* Problem solving and solution development.
* Flexible and able to make decisions quickly and effectively.
* Effective and flexible verbal and written communication skills.
* The Transport Manager must be in possession of a current Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in either one of “National Road Haulage Operations” or “National Passenger Transport Operations” (as appropriate)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.